11.10.13

GF Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (say that 10 times fast!!)

So now that Im a stay at home mom (till December!!),
I should be trying..
maybe more like attempting..
to do more things around the house
like laundry....sigh.
I know, when he sleeps I should too
but what happens when you have a coffee at noon
and then hes sleeping by 1pm?
Why you bake cookies,
thats what!

So throw a load of laundry in and then make these
simple
peanutty*
sure to hit the spot of any chocolate craving
cookies!


(*note: I used the recipe from this site called Tasty Kitchen http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/flourless-peanut-butter-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies-2/
but I lowered the sugar(and used coconut sugar) since I used reg peanut butter which has lots of sugar in it (I find anyways). ALSO she said to switch the peanut butter for any nut butter of your choice for peanut nut allergies, but not tree nut allergies!)



Preheat oven to 350

You will need:

2/3 cups GF rolled oats (I use Bobs Red Mill)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter)
1/3 cup coconut sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
2/3 cup chocolate chips (I used semi sweet)

How to:

In a small bowl mix Oats with baking soda
Set aside

in a large bowl mix
the peanut butter, sugar, eggs
vanilla with a wisk until 
smooth

with a wooden spoon stir in oat/soda mix
then fold in chocolate chips

on a large baking sheet 
with a piece of parchement paper
roll dough into 2 inch balls
place 1 inch apart

bake for 9-11 min
until edges are slightly brown/golden
they will continue to cook once out of the oven
allow to cool on tray for 2-5 min
and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely

enjoy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment